BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, March 11, 2013

Banana Bread

20 weeks have come and gone.  We've experienced morning sickness and dizzy spells.  Jon has endured having to cook almost every meal and (simultaneously) having me not want him to touch me ever.  We're well into the second trimester now and things are looking up.  Jon gets cuddles again, I can help with the housework without passing out, and we've both felt the baby move!  Things are becoming more real for both of us, and, while that is daunting, things are also seeming more doable now that I'm back to something resembling normal.
On Friday I went to have an ultrasound looking like this:

And came back with pictures of this:


That is our little girl!!!!  Isn't she cute????  (OK, so only a parent can really see an ultrasound picture as 'cute,' but it's definitely exciting!)
On Saturday our little girl was moving around a whole bunch and Jon actually got to feel it!
Now we get to work on coming up with a list of names fit for a little angel!  I've also been having fun looking at all the pink baby stuff online!  Jon has to remind me occasionally that we'll want to reuse some of the baby stuff for other children and a more gender neutral color might be better...  But that's OK, because it's all so cute!!!!!

We've come to a very strange point in my pregnancy where thebump.com and the countdown at the top of our blog now compare our munchkin to two different fruits and I'm really uncertain which to go with.  I thought it'd be easier to come up with a banana related food than a cantaloupe related food, so I used that.  In the future there will be more discrepancies and I'll probably just pick whichever food makes me happier that particular week.  I hope it doesn't confuse anyone too much - I know it had me confused for a little while.
Here's the link for all the details about how our little girl is growing this week: http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/20-weeks-pregnant.aspx

Have a great week!  Love y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed your cute top has made it this far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, me too! It's probably about time to start looking for a new picture-taking look...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been 2 months!! We need another update!!! :)

    ReplyDelete